The term “psychic powers” is often used loosely without much further definition. In reality, there’s no one-size-fits-all description behind its meaning. People with “psychic powers” have a wide range of abilities and powers. They can do so much more than simply look into a person’s future. And most of them don’t even need a crystal ball to get the psychic job done!
There is an infinite number of unique intuitive and spiritual abilities that gifted people use to provide answers and guidance. Here are 14 of the most well-known psychic powers and abilities that you should know about.
Aura Readings are performed by psychics who are able to see the electromagnetic fields of all living things, including people. Aura readers can read these energy fields by seeing the colors and patterns exclusive of the other.
Telepathy is the ability to read another person’s mind and to communicate information to another person without speaking to them.
Remote Viewing is the ability to receive insights about people, places, or events from distant locations without using any of the five physical senses. The psychic sees fragments and makes interpretations, so it’s not like viewing video recordings.
Automatic Writing is writing phrases, letters, or documents in a spiritual state of subconscious either with or without an awareness that it’s occurring. Automatic writers may channel spirit guides or presences and write information received from those sources.
Precognition is the psychic power allowing readers to foresee events through visions, gut instincts, and random thoughts. People gifted with precognition are also gifted in making links between events both past and present to make predictions regarding potential future outcomes.
Energy Healing is an alternative form of healing and physical care that involves both hands-on and hands-off work to restore balance to the body. You probably are already familiar with this field—acupuncture, crystal work, qigong, reiki and tai chi all are forms of energy work.
The Eight Clair Abilities
You may be aware of the concept of a “sixth sense” and “gut instincts.” But there are actually eight different extrasensory psychic abilities, also called clairabilities.
- Clairvoyance (clear seeing) is the ability to see mental images and symbols with the mind’s eye that cannot be seen physically.
- Claircognizance (clear knowing) is sudden knowledge or insights that turn out to be true.
- Clairaudience (clear hearing) is the ability to hear thoughts and words from the spiritual realm, or musical and nature-related sounds sometimes related to inanimate objects, treasured personal possessions, or mediumship.
- Clairempathy (clear emotion) is sensing other people’s thoughts, emotions, and symptoms, or the perception or awareness of emotional energy.
- Clairsentience (clear physical feeling) is the ability to know personal information, such as name, profession, date of birth, and the zodiac sign of total strangers.
- Clairtangence (clear touching), also known as psychometry, is the ability to gain a strong sense of the story or history of a person or item, or a strong sense of an object’s previous owner, by touching or being near the person or item.
- Clairalience (clear smelling) is the ability to gain psychic information by smell, even if the smell is from a spiritual entity that nobody else can detect.
- Clairgustance (clear tasting) is the reception of psychic knowledge through tasting without a physical source present.